The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a public benefit corporation created in 1975 that strives to increase energy efficiency in New York State, save money, utilize renewable energy, and reduce reliance on fossil fuels. NYSERDA's mission is to “advance innovative energy solutions in ways that improve New York’s economy and environment.” The corporation offers objective research and analysis, programs, and funding opportunities for New Yorkers to help further their cause.
NYSERDA has developed a diverse portfolio of programs to catalyze innovation and investment in the energy sector. These programs provide funding and training to stimulate the energy economy in New York.
• Energy Efficiency and Renewable Deployment—NYSERDA programs that help the residential, multifamily, commercial, and industrial communities transition to renewable sources of energy and become more energy efficient.
• Energy Innovation and Business Development—NYSERDA's Clean Energy Fund programs that aim to develop the market for clean energy, provide incentives for investment in renewable energy generation, and accelerate the commercialization of emerging technologies.
• Energy Education and Workforce Development—NYSERDA programs that provide education through training programs, support services, and professional certification options to promote a “green minded” workforce.
• Environmental Research Program— supports research to investigate environmental processes and interactions in the environment, assess environmental conditions, and foster technology innovation. The program delivers objective, science-based analysis to address New York’s energy-related challenges and to create effective and equitable energy-related environmental policies and resource management practices.
• Multifamily Performance Program — NYSERDA programs that increase building performance by connecting building owners to solution providers, financing options, services, and incentive programs.
• Clean Energy Standard—NYSERDA's ambitious clean energy goals and The Renewable Portfolio Standard further motivate energy consumers to adopt renewable energy sources.
Some key programs are listed in the "related resources" side bar. Or click here to visit the NYSERDA homepage.
Welcome to the Building Energy Exchange! Located in downtown Manhattan, we’re a resource center dedicated to advancing efficient energy and lighting design in buildings. Explore this site for helpful case studies and reports, check out our calendar for a wide range of activities and events, and follow our lively blog, Insight. Our site is growing all the time—drop us an email to contribute or comment!