Join North American Passive House Network for an 5-day training to successfully become an accredited Certified Passive House Consultant/Designer.
This course is for all building professionals: architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers working in the design and construction of new build and retrofit Passive House buildings.
With 5 days of in-class instruction, and additional e-learning modules that can be completed at one’s own pace, participants will get a thorough grounding in the critical aspects of Passive House design and construction. Participants will be able to apply the lessons learned directly to their real-world work experience, and join a team in making Passive House buildings. On successfully passing the exam, participants will receive a five year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant.
- November 12th 9:00am -5:00pm: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- November 13th 9:00am -5:00pm: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- November 14th 9:00am -5:00pm: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- November 15th 9:00am -5:00pm: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- November 16th 9:00am -5:00pm: Retrofits, certifications and exam preparation.