Wednesday April 18th, 2018
9:00 am to 11:00 am
Join Building Energy Exchange for our four-part training series on lighting retrofits: Green Light. From energy code and regulation considerations and selection of LED and controls technology, to the development of the right retrofit strategy – the Green Light series provides any building industry stakeholder the information they need to execute successful lighting retrofits.
Lighting retrofits are one of the most cost effective means of improving occupant experience and increasing asset value while reducing operating costs. Recent and dramatic improvements in LED technology, coupled with innovative control systems, make meeting – or even exceeding – our recently tightened energy codes a short payback exercise in the vast majority of buildings. The concise Green Light series provides lighting retrofit guidance in four 90-minute modules.
Enjoy 25% off course fees if you attend all four modules on April 18 & 20!
LIGHTING CODES & REGULATIONS
A survey of the lighting requirements of NYC and NYS energy codes, as well as local laws and regulations that impact lighting systems, including an overview of the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan.
Topics covered include:
- NYC climate action plan, One City: Built to Last (also known as ’80 x 50′)
- Greener, Greater Buildings Plan, with LL88 emphasis
- NYC Energy Conservation Code
- NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code
- IECC & 90.1 Pathways
- Local Lighting Laws & Regulations
- 2016 anticipating code changes
Marty Salzberg, The New York School of Design
UPCOMING GREEN LIGHT TRAININGS
- Lighting Codes and Regulations
April 18, 2018 — 9 to 11 am
- LED Lighting: Evaluation & Selection
April 20, 2018 — 9 to 10:30 am
- Lighting Controls: Types & Functions
April 20, 2018 — 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Lighting Retrofits: Strategies & Applications
April 20, 2018 — 1:30 to 3 pm
Curious on which course to take? Read what past attendees shared on who would benefit most from taking these courses here.